B&D Enviropanel™ is a total insulated door system. The system starts with insulated panels, produced using two layers of high quality steel and a solid EPS core. Each panel features an energy efficient thermal break that effectively separates the inner and outer skins of the panel, reducing thermal transmission from the front to the back of the door. Then the complete sealing system, between the panels, and around the door, work to combat air migration. B&D Enviropanel™ is the perfect choice when you want to minimise household heating or cooling costs.
The Enviropanel™ is available in two contemporary profiles – Flat and Ribbed. Both styles feature the embossed texture.
Available in sizes from 1841mm to 4265mm in height and from 1750mm to 5864mm in width.
The panels are made up of two separate steel skins laminated against 50mm thick Expanded Polystyrene sheet core.
Three separate seals that combat air migration.
- Jamb Edge Seal System to seal any gaps there may be between the door and the opening
- Thermal barrier joint seal running the full width of the door, seals off inherent gaps between each panel
- A deep cushioning ‘U’ shape flexible vinyl extrusion attached to the bottom panel to seal the gaps
Purpose designed thermal break that does not have metal-to-metal contact from one side of the door to the other.
The Enviropanel™ is made from quality Expanded Polystrene (EPS) resulting in minimal ‘thermal drift’ – this means the product will retain its insulation properties longer than other comparable materials.
- Tongue and groove edge panel profile.
- Heavy duty galvanized hinges.
- Wheels have ballbearings for smoother, more durable operation.
- Springs designed to comply with requirements of Australian Standards – 20,000 cycles.
Enviropanel™ doors are available in the standard B&D colour range, however, lighter colours are recommended to improve overall insulation performance.
Jamb seals are available in a choice of 4 colours.
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) is made from expanded beads that are similar to those found in a ‘bean bag’ and contain approximately 98% air. The beads are injected into a moulding machine that applies steam and pressure, which fuses the beads together.
- EPS does not utilise Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) or Hydro Chlorofluorocarbon (HCFC) or Formaldehyde in its manufacturing process so there is no potential for out gassing or the release of harmful toxic chemicals trapped within the material over the life of the door.
- EPS is inert, stable and does not produce methane gas or contaminating leachates.
- EPS is odourless, non-toxic and can easily be recycled.
- EPS is a ‘closed cell’ type insulation which provides better thermal retention and less moisture absorption which, if left unchecked, can cause rust and opener wear by altering the operational characteristics of your door.
Garage doors are moving objects therefore inherent stresses can occur during opening and closing cycles, along with harmful UV rays can severely reduce the performance of an insulated material. EPS however is a stable material and has a very long lifespan because it.
It’s important to have peace of mind when you make a purchase, that’s why your B&D Enviropanel door comes with a:
Enviropanel doors, in residential applications, are covered by a 12 month warranty, conditional on proper care, as recommended in the door’s handbook. Full details of the warranty are available from www.bnd.com.au. 12 month warranty only applies to doors purchased and installed in Australia or New Zealand. Warranty only valid if warranty conditions are met.